Friday, October 28, 2011

         Please, No More Crime

    I have been living in Calgary since 2004, I'm very grateful to have the opportunity to live in this beautiful  and safe city. I remembered I used to leave the door unlock whenever I left home and nothing
happened, it was incredible.  Now a days the population of Calgary is growing tremendously and we know when the population increases the problems begin, we hear bad news about assault, robberies or murders. However, Calgary still continues to be a safe city. We can walk anywhere with security, maybe in some places is a little difficult but most of the places are safe, because we can see many security cameras in  public areas for example on the C-train stations, malls, and the police are always on alert. They are doing a really nice job. In my hometown (Lima-Peru) the population is bigger and the main problem is the unemployment percentage that is why many people are a muggers. You can't walk on the streets wearing gold or silver jewelry, also you can't walk around talking on your cell phone because it will be stolen and you can't leave the house alone because they will force the lock and break into the house and steal whatever they want, now most of the communities have a security guards to vigilance and the robbery is less. Do to all these reason, I am happy living here.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know there were so many muggings in Lima! Calgary is generally a safe place to walk around at any time of day, but like any big city in the world, you have to take precautions at night.

    Corrections:
    In my hometown (Lima, Peru) the population is bigger and the main problem is the high unemployment rate, which is why many people are muggers.

    Due to all these reason, I am happy living here.

    ReplyDelete